Question for people who make Creatures sprites
Home » Foren » Creatures Allgemein

Antworten: 1   Aktuellster Beitrag geschrieben von: Alien (17.03.2005 11:44)

Herzlich wilkommen, Gast!
Einloggen / Anmelden
Einstellungen für Gäste

Antworten  Neuen Beitrag schreiben  Im Forum suchen
Vorheriges Thema   Zurück zur Themenübersicht Nächstes Thema
GreenReaper

Von: England

Question for people who make Creatures sprites geschrieben am: 16.03.2005 21:55
Antwort
Apologies for writing in English, but my German writing is probably worse than your English reading.

I am looking at ways in which making sprites for Creatures games (norn breeds, objects, etc) could be made easier. As you may be aware I have already made a sprite thumbnail viewer for Explorer, but have a feeling people might also like to edit the files in their favourite graphics programs.

Please could you tell me what programs you use to create artwork for Creatures (C16/S16/SPR), and what the "perfect" way of editing sprite files would be for you? I would also be interested in knowing how you currently go about the process of making sprites (in terms of programs used for each step of the process).

My thought is perhaps to try and open sprites with one sprite image per layer (assuming the program has layers), but I would be open to suggestions - including "it's fine as it is, we don't need anything more".

If you know that your programs can use a form of "plugin" to add features, like a Photoshop plugin, that would be useful information as well.

Thanks!

AW: Question for people who make Creatures sprites geschrieben am: 17.03.2005 11:44
Antwort
Von: Alien    Beiträge: 4.732 / Registriert: Okt, 2002
No prob here with the English, as long as you can understand my answer.
*ahem*... but back to your questions.
Currently I'm using the Spritebuilder to export the pictures as .bmp files and then I use Corel Photopaint to edit the pictures. I'm speaking of making sprites for norn breeds for C2 and C3 (so .c16 and .s16 format). For agents pretty rarely, as I'm too stupid for CAOS.
I'm not quite sure what you mean with "layers", and therefore I cannot tell you if my Corel has them or not.

I use an Animated .gif Tool to check picture sequences, if needed. This could be a point where a plugin might be of help. A "quick and dirty" look into your picture sequence, just like a little animated picture to see if the movement of a cob or agent looks "naturally".

Actually, my biggest problem always are the transparent (i.e. black) pixels. I usually control if pixels are value 0-0-0 by changing the colour value only for that particular value, i.e. I change it from black to a very bright colour, let's say magenta or green. Then I colour all pixels that didn't change but need to be transparent with that bright colour (anti aliasing switched off) and after the corrections I change the bright background colour back to the 0-0-0 value black. It's sometimes quite a lot of work, but I don't think this can be solved by means of any plugins...?

Vorheriges Thema
  Zurück zur Themenübersicht      Zum Seitenanfang
Nächstes Thema

CREATURES DOCKING STATION | CREATURES FAMILY | CREATURES WIKI | DS HANDBUCH DEUTSCH | GRANDROIDS

Partner:

Albia - a place where you can dream - Alien's Creatures World - Creaturesisland - Generation Norn - Kari's Page - Lunatic World - Mummy's Creatures - The Undeadly Norn - Toa-Nuva's Spieletipps - Zauberalbia

Forum Startseite | Registrieren | Einloggen | Suchen

[ Powered by Jive Forums ]