Nornimator auf XP
Home » Foren » Creatures 3

Antworten: 21   Aktuellster Beitrag geschrieben von: Alien (30.06.2005 16:23)

Herzlich wilkommen, Gast!
Einloggen / Anmelden
Einstellungen für Gäste

Antworten  Neuen Beitrag schreiben  Im Forum suchen
  Seiten: 2   [ 1 2 » ]      Zurück zur Themenübersicht  
Alien

Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 14.06.2005 20:43
Antwort
Also ich eröffne hier jetzt einen neuen Thread, ansonsten geht die ganze Sache unter im C2 Forum und dem GEL Thread, wo das ja auch absolut nicht hingehört!

Kurz, worum es geht: einige Leute haben auch hier im Forum gemeldet, dass der Nornimator nicht auf XP funktioniert. Leider sind die Fehlermeldungen, die dabei auftauchen alles andere als informativ.

Vadim, der Autor des Nornimators hat hier vorbeigeschaut und hat sich der Sache jetzt angenommen. Momentan scheint die neuste Version zu funktionieren, aber bis jetzt nur von einer Testerin installiert worden zu sein, die allerdings kein C3 installiert hat.

Da ich nicht auf XP spiele und beim Testen nicht helfen kann: Alle, die C3 haben und auf XP installiert, sollen doch bitte mal die neuste Version des Nornimators von Vadim ausprobieren und genau berichten, ob es zu Fehlermeldungen kommt und diese bitte nicht einfach "wegklicken" sondern gleich hier mit posten.

Loide! So ne Gelegenheit werden wir selten wieder kriegen, dass Vadim selber hier reinschaut und den alten Nornimator wieder anfasst!! Wer sich beim Mittesten jetzt nicht beteiligt soll sich in Zukunft nicht drüber beschweren, dass der Nornimator nicht funzt! Jetzt ist die einmalige Gelegenheit, Vadim am Ball zu halten!

So, und nu müssen wir noch zusehen, dass der Downloadlink für das Nornimator Setup zu funktionieren kommt.

GreenReaper, where's that mirrored download?

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 14.06.2005 21:07
Antwort
Von: vadim    Beiträge: 17 / Registriert: Jun, 2005
Okay, I don't get a word of this, but:

Latest version here:
http://vadim.ws/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=8

This version has a new installer that installs everything.

Improvements:

No more separate support files.

Includes support for translation, so a German version could be made. Just copy i18n\English.txt, and modify as needed. Then send me the file and I'll include it in the next version.

Note:

My server is currently unstable, so feel free to mirror the file.

Now, known problems:

Bad support for DS, pigments, doesn't start on some XP systems.

My own priority is first to make sure it installs and starts everywhere, so I'll give priority to that. Please report any other problems as I should be able to add a few fixes as well.

The pigments problem will probably be fixed last, as I have some changes to the drawing code in mind. Pigmentation problems might go away with the new code. If they don't then I'll have to look at it again.

For bug reports, please include anything that appears in the log file.

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 14.06.2005 21:35
Antwort
Von: Alien    Beiträge: 4.732 / Registriert: Okt, 2002
Die gemirrorte Version liegt hier:
http://www.zen9361.zen.co.uk/tmp/NornimatorSetup_1.0.24.exe

Ich übersetz mal von Vadim:

Bis jetzt bekannte Probleme:
Supportet schlecht DS, fehlerhafte Pigmentierfunktion, started teilweise nicht auf XP.

Vadim's Priorität ist, das Programm auf allen Systemen installierbar und startbar zu machen. Falls andere Probleme auftauchen, bitte um Bericht.

Das Pigmentierproblem ist zweitrangig und könnte mir der neuen Version schon erledigt sein. (Na, das kann ich ja dann gleich mal testen )

@Vadim: never mind. I just wanted everyone to participate in testing 'cause I think we shouldn't let this opportunity pass by that you looked in this forum here and are willing to make an update to your program!

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 14.06.2005 21:39
Antwort
Well, it installs without problem on W2000. So far so good for me.

Oh... and it definitelyneeds an updated breed list!!

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 14.06.2005 21:46
Antwort
Well, if anybody would be so kind as to send me one... preferably in the appropiate format.

I'd do it myself, but I have no idea of where to get the latest one these days. And maybe somebody has an up to date breeds.txt, which is all I need.

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 14.06.2005 22:02
Antwort
On it's way.

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 14.06.2005 22:16
Antwort
Thanks, got it!

There will be a new installer today with it. Maybe with some actual changes to the program, maybe without, depending on how things go.

BTW, both the installer and the program itself can be translated if you'd like to have support for German.

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 14.06.2005 22:25
Antwort

> BTW, both the installer and the program itself can be
> translated if you'd like to have support for German.

I know, I know, I saw it, I got the hint...

Nornimator starts but only draws the body in the correct position, the rest of the body parts either stay in the same position or ... errr.... seem to take a random position...
The logfile says, it cannot find a lot of sprite and attachment files such as
[4] 22:27:47 InitGraph: E:\Programme\Creatures 3\images\Q04J.c16 not found

That's strange, a "Q04j.c16" can't exist as there are only sprite files up to letter "n" (=tail tip). Also all the other files named in in the logfile as "not found" do not exist as those file start with letter "o" or "p" or "q" but files needed for body parts of the norn only go from "a" to "n".

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 14.06.2005 22:46
Antwort
> I know, I know, I saw it, I got the hint...

Whoops, sorry, completely forgot I said it already :-D

> That's strange, a "Q04j.c16" can't exist as
> there are only sprite files up to letter "n"

That must be the support for CA. CA Norns have a few extra body parts, such as independent ears, and something else too I think.

The program doesn't really think much about which game it's dealing with, it just tries to use whatever sprites are available.

Now the body parts being in the wrong position is definitely not good. Will have to do some testing here. BTW, a screenshot of what it looks like could be helpful.

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 15.06.2005 19:07
Antwort
Screenshots are on their way.

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 15.06.2005 20:23
Antwort
I did some testing here.

I got it to draw Chichi Norns and they looked good. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost my C3 CD, so all I have available is Chichis...

BTW, what's the best Creatures pack with C3? And are there any breeds that don't work for whatever reason?

Status report:

Getting a bit distracted here with real life stuff. Brother bought a color laser printer and I had to set it up. Prints really well!

Next release hopefully will use my new drawing code. Took a look at it recently, and it seems to be a lot better than the stuff in Nornimator (I actually forgot what it was like after so much time), so I'll be trying to make Nornimator use the new code. Should draw faster, and be easier to fix.

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 15.06.2005 21:37
Antwort
I just can't wait for the new version!
Since I crashed the old version by installing the new one... Oh well!
Now we HAVE to make it work, haven't we?

Breed? Lots of them to download free and ermmm.... none of the breeds got drawn right when I tried them in the nornimator *gg*

For a complete breed list:
http://www.creatures.de/e-c3breedlist.htm

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 15.06.2005 22:07
Antwort
I just can't wait for the new version!
Since I crashed the old version by installing the new one... Oh well!
Now we HAVE to make it work, haven't we?

Breed? Lots of them to download free and ermmm.... none of the breeds got drawn right when I tried them in the nornimator *gg*

For a complete breed list:
http://www.creatures.de/e-c3breedlist.htm

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 16.06.2005 00:59
Antwort
Ok, something is majorly messed up indeed.

Meanwhile, I think I found somewhat of a fix. Click options, uncheck "Use image cache". That seems to fix one drawing problem. For some reason with that option enabled it will use the right ATT data, but the wrong images.

Haven't seen the image corruption bug yet. It would be helpful if you could provide exact instructions of how to reproduce it.

And my, the code sure looks scary. I'm *so* glad I write cleaner stuff now :-D It's so bad that I think I might as well rewrite it, because quite a few things are just bizarre.

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 17.06.2005 02:08
Antwort
Yup, I'm rewriting it! In C# this time.

It's going remarkably well, I made a C16 library in just a few hours. Took me a whole lot longer to manage that in VB, and it looks a lot cleaner as well.

It's going to be a lot cooler this time too. The main components are not bound to a GUI, so in theory you could make webpages that made images on demand or something, if anybody has an use for that

It's finally going to have animation too.

Next step: ATT library. And after that, a primitive version of the existing program.

AW: Nornimator auf XP geschrieben am: 17.06.2005 16:53
Antwort
Cool! Go on and don't just make my mouth water!
I neeeeeeed the new version (you know why!)!

Seiten: 2   [ 1 2 » ]      Zurück zur Themenübersicht      Zum Seitenanfang

CREATURES DOCKING STATION | CREATURES FAMILY | CREATURES WIKI | DS HANDBUCH DEUTSCH | GRANDROIDS

Partner:

Albia - a place where you can dream - Alien's Creatures World - Creaturesisland - Generation Norn - Kari's Page - Lunatic World - Mummy's Creatures - The Undeadly Norn - Toa-Nuva's Spieletipps - Zauberalbia

Forum Startseite | Registrieren | Einloggen | Suchen

[ Powered by Jive Forums ]